Rental of the Manors of Earls Colne and Colne Priory (ERO D/DPr118)

1854 (1854)

document 80000780

Copyhold of Earldom - quitrent 1s8d Henrietta Sophia Skingley 7.3.1838

to all that tenement called Filberts alias Lophams and Windmillhill and a parcel of land thereto belonging containing .5a by estimation

parcel of Windmillhill and Lophams Garden - The whole is called in the map of survey 1598 Lophams Garden Edw Clements and has been subsequently enlarged by grants from the waste - about one-third of this has been severed lying on the east abutting on Colne Green near the Baptist's Meeting and is now in the possession of mrs Mary Gee - see page 68. The residue is the parcel to which miss H.S. Skingley was admitted in 1838 as "all that tenement called Filberts alias Lophams Garden and Windmillhill and parcel of land thereto belonging containing .5a"

survey 1598 fo. 59 Edw Clements - a tenement with a pightle containing .5a

ditto fo. 51 Rich Evans - a tenement - 13p

abstract of title p. 35 and 57 back

In Commutation map 1836 the pightle is laid into Walnut Tree Croft and the whole called Meetinghouse Croft no. 439 (439) (439a) 5a1r. It is now again separated and has a cattle yard and sheds at the west end

quitrent 3s4d

and also to one croft called Wallnut Tree Croft containing by estimation 5a

Jn Harrington surrender Rachel Nelly from him through the like parties as before

survey 1598 Joan Pereson - 4a3r19p called 5a on the rolls

abstract of title p. 40