[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Rental of the Manors of Earls Colne and Colne Priory (ERO D/DPr118)

1854 (1854)

document 80000230

Copyhold of Priory - quitrent 2d James Phil Honywood Sam Forster 5.4.1832 admitted as trustees under the will of Wm Phil Honywood and also to all that piece or parcel of customary or copyhold meadow containing 1a in Colne Common Meadow in Earls Colne

sketch plan

Earls Colne Common Meadow from Terrier 1598 contains 5a3r23p. Parcels of this meadow appear to have been attached to certain farms within the manor and to have become copyhold the rest remaining free. Thus 1a (sometime called The Bailiff Half Acre ) was attached to Brickhouse Farm This is the acre to which mr Honywood is here admitted as copyhold of the Priory Manor. There are two other parcels copyhold of the Priory, one containing 1.5a, the other .5a attached to Hayhouse property to which mr Honywood has recently been admitted ( 1852 ) on the surrender of Rich Oliver Johnson . In the Commutation map No. 543 (543) is called Brickhouse Meadow - 3a1r heirs of Honywood , 1a of which being copyhold leaves 2a1r free. This with the 2a parcel of the Hayhouse property will give nearly the quantity mentioned in the Terrier of 1598 (The Commutation map places no. 543 Brickhouse Meadow next to 542 Curds Meadow )