[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Rental of the Manors of Earls Colne and Colne Priory (ERO D/DPr118)

1854 (1854)

document 80000440

Free deed of the Earldom - rent 1s6d Francis Hills holds by free deed and annual rent of 1s6d - Thus described in rental of 1751 Thos Burton holds by free deed a tenement in Coggeshall Road near Hope Green - the free rent has been regularly paid to the present time - but free tenure does not appear to have been acknowledged

no. 302 (302) Commutation map 1836 - two cottages and garden 1r17p

sketch plan

The last houses in the parish next to Feering, lying between Whitegates (modern name) of which it was formerly a parcel, and mr Honywood's land near Hope Green in the parish of Feering. This was parcel of the land called Colne Land and must have been separated formerly - in rental 1645 Geo Cockerell pays rent 1s6d

survey 1598 fo. 20 - parcel of Edw Wade's lands - called Colne Land now called Whitegates - see White page 212