[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Rental of the Manors of Earls Colne and Colne Priory (ERO D/DPr118)

1854 (1854)

document 80000950

Copyhold of Earldom - quitrent 1s - National School room parcel of Hall Green - grant of waste

rev Robt Watkinson 1.7.1843 - admitted on grant from the lord to all that piece of ground parcel of the waste (on Hall Green) containing in length 64ft and in width 36ft and abutting north upon the copyhold of this manor parcel of Bearcroft called Tainter Croft or otherwise - and south upon a lane there called Park Lane leading from Earls Colne towards Markshall - an upon the east and west ends thereof upon the waste of the said manor - to be holden by the annual rent of 1s

The Commutation map having been made previous to this grant it will not be found there - but abuts on no. 396 called the Gravel Pit 2a15p - properly Tainter Croft parcel of Bearcrofts which property mr Wm Matthews purchased of Pattison in 1853 and has enclosed from the waste on the west end of this grant - see page 124.

sketch plan

since this school was built mr Wm Matthews has purchased the Gravel Pit ( Tainter Croft ) no. 396 (396) and taken in a portion of waste at the south west end of the school - and built a messuage in two tenements marked (a & b) by dotted lines (396a (396a) 396b (396b) )

see sketch of tenements etc. entered page 40