[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Rental of the Manors of Earls Colne and Colne Priory (ERO D/DPr118)

1854 (1854)

document 80000165

Copyhold of Priory - quitrent 2s6d - mrs Mary Gee 24.1.1838 under will of late husband Osgood Gee esq to a piece of land called Inhams lying by Burrows Bridge, heretofore of Ralph Josselin Death fine     Title same as to Upper and Lower Coes etc. traced page 62

enfranchised 0.8.1865

Copyhold of Earldom - quitrent 1s - the same 24.1.1838 under will of late husband Osgood Gee esq to all that close or parcel of land called Stoneley otherwise Raynham Burrows etc - death fine    

title the same as to Upper and Lower Coes etc. traced p. 62

enfranchised 1865

Quantity of Inhams and Stoneley alias Rainham Burrows - as mapped together in Terrier 1598 8a4p total 16a1r21p

Upper and Lower Coes etc. page 63 - 25a1r15p

total of copyhold 41a2r36p

The death fine in 1838 was £110

Stoneleys Raynham Burroughs and Inhams - In tracing the two parcels called Rainham Burrows and Stoneleys it is obvious that the names have been transposed on the rolls. When the Terrier was made in 1598 they were both the property of Jn Churche - By the rolls that which at Fo. 29 is called Rainham Burrows passed through various hands to the present proprietor mrs Mary Gee by the name of Stoneleys - and the croft properly called Stoneleys at Fo. 37 has passed in like manner to Thos Wing (recently purchased 1855 by Jn Taylor ) by the name of Raynham Burroughs - vide maps no. 2 Inhams is parcel of Raynham Burroughs before you come to the footbridge