[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Rental of the Manors of Earls Colne and Colne Priory (ERO D/DPr118)

1854 (1854)

document 80000520

Copyhold of Priory - quitrent 16s

Jn Goodall Lay 26.6.1794 death of father Mark Lay To all that customary messuage called Deadmans otherwise Debenhams and 50a of land more or less to the same belonging in Earls Colne

1742 Joseph Lea surrender Wm and Mary Willis

1768 Jn Lay

1780 Mark Lay

1794 death fine, with the above £126

Commutation map no. 175 (175) Homestead and garden 2r27p

no. 172 (172) (172a) Stable Field 8a3r21p

no. 174 (174) Cartlodge Field 5a3r35p

no. 173 (173) Calves Pasture 3a3r9p

no. 254 (254) (254a) White Bush 9a2r2p

no. 255 (255) Coggeshall Field 7a2r24p

no. 256 (256) Farther Beckland Wood Field 6a1r13p

no. 253 (253) First Beckland Wood Field 7a1r21p

no. 250 (250) (250b) Barn Field part of the residue mapped with Seven Acres - see Lay back 1a27p

quantity of Debenhams alias Burnt House by Commutation map 1836 51a1r19p

Quantity by mr Cole's map 1794 48a1r14p

quantity by Terrier 1598 fo. 114 and 115 48a34p

abstract of title no. 80

Debenhams acquired the name of Burnt House from a fire which happened there some years ago. The premises consist of a substantial farm house and buildings where mr J.G. Lay once lived