[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Free deed of Priory - rent 3s4d
Wm Pilgrim 31.7.1844
acknowledged to hold by free deed etc. and the annual rent of 3s4d a certain meadow called Holmes alias Kings Meadow in White Colne - which he purchased of Jeremiah Shave
By the rental of 1751 this meadow was in the tenure of Ann Percival entered " Lands called Bacons Kings and Holmes sometimes Hunwick's afterwards Stokes then Greenwood and after Jas Ward in White Colne, free rent 3s4d
after Ann Percival this came into possession of Sam Towle and was sold by auction with his other property 4.9.1809 " lot 5. a freehold meadow called Holmes Meadow alias Kings Mead adjoining the river Colne on the south side of the Colchester Road in the parish of White Colne containing 3a2r32p in occupation of Jeremiah Shave - subject to a quit or free rent of 3s4d to Colne Priory Manor "
no. 8 (1008) Commutation map of White Colne called Holmes Meadow 3a2r33p - see sketch of this with mr Hume's copyhold - page 109