[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Rental of the Manors of Earls Colne and Colne Priory (ERO D/DPr118)

1854 (1854)

document 80000990

Copyhold of Earldom - Boomes Tenement and 3a near Hyndes Land - quitrent 3s6d

Thos Wing - 30.8.1803 Jas Wing on death of father Jas - to all that messuage and garden called Boomes formerly Wm Green's tenement

At the same court - Thos Wing - surrender of executors of father Jas to all that parcel of the premises (sometimes called 4a sometimes 3a) lying next unto Hynds Land. 22.9.1829 the said Thos Wing on death of his brother Jas - to all that messuage and garden etc called Boomes formerly Wm Green's tenement - which united the whole in Thos Wing - Title from Phil and Grace Robinson 1737 - same as the foregoing to Ballard's Garden etc.

Thos Wing died 7.9.1854

mr Jn Taylor purchased the 3a near unto Hyndes Land, with other copyhold - and was admitted thereto 18.4.1855 - quitrent apportioned thereto 2s

Zach Farrants purchased the tenement called Boomes and was admitted 31.1.1856 quitrent apportioned 1s6d

Boomes Tenement see sketch from Commutation map - with the other particulars above - Terrier 1598 fo. 49 - Rough Abstract p. 49 and 55. The 3a near unto Hyndes Land is marked no. 491 (491) and called Pale Gate Field - It is mapped with the other copyhold purchased by mr Jn Taylor - Terrier 1598 fo. 31 Jn Greene 2a2r26p. Since it came into possession of mr J. Taylor in 1855 all the arable has been laid into one field