[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Rental of the Manors of Earls Colne and Colne Priory (ERO D/DPr118)

1854 (1854)

document 80000090

Copyhold of Priory - quitrent 1s Emm Dennis wife of rev Mark admitted by her maiden name of Townsend - married first her cousin Rich White Townsend of Bures# by whom she had one son Arth secondly the rev Mark Dennis by whom there is no issue. 15.9.1806 Emm Townsend is admitted (with other copyhold, now in the possession of other parties) on death of her father Wm Townsend to all that croft or parcel of land commonly called Cross Field or otherwise containing by estimation 3r - lying and being near the pound in Earls Colne (sometime Mary Massey )

sketch plan

No. 391 (391) (391a) Commutation map - This is laid into, and now parcel of Pond Field (the whole 3a3r) belonging also to Emm Dennis holden of the other manor - see entry further on. The square marked on the meeting of the three roads was where the old manor pound formerly stood

1749 Grace Hatch

1751 ditto her husband Isaac Phillibrown

1766 Mary Massey

1799 Thos Carwardine jun under will of M. Massey

1799 Wm Townsend

1806 Emm Townsend now Dennis

Abstract of title no. 19