[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Rental of the Manors of Earls Colne and Colne Priory (ERO D/DPr118)

1854 (1854)

document 80001035

Free deed of Earldom - rent 1s6d

Thos Wing 1.8.1815 Jn King acknowledged to hold by free deed and the annual rent of 1s6d a freehold messuage in Church Street lying between a free tenement called Squires and a free tenement heretofore Dors - (Dawes)

Thos Wing in 1834 purchased these premises of the heirs or executors of Jn King - He does not appear to have acknowledged his free tenure, but has paid the rent of 1s6d since this time. It was sold by auction 29.12.1854 and purchased by Abraham Tyler who has paid the free rent but has not yet acknowledged the tenure on the rolls - Jane Tyler on death of her husband Abraham - acknowledged this free tenure in a court 28.10.1863

Commutation map no. 21 (21) - cottage and garden Thos Wing - 19p

Abraham Tyler purchased this tenement at the sale of Thos Wing's property 12.1854 - see sketch of this with his adjoining cottage called Dawes - page 182-3

old Terrier fo. 22 Jn Gremard

rental 1751 in possession of Jn Smith

rental 1756 in possession of Abraham King from whose heir ( Jn King ) it came to Thos Wing