Free deed of Priory - rent 6d Sorrels Croft
Edw Perkins Shepherd on alienation of Wm Brazier Burch 24.1.1850 - to all that croft of land called Sorrels otherwise Three Corner Croft holden by free deed and the ancient rent of 6d. The purchase was £195 - mr Julius Gaborian Shepherd solicitor at Halstead attended for his brother E.P.S.
Commutation map no. 390 (390) - W.B. Burch - 2a5p - sold by auction 21.9.1849 . W.B Burch acknowledged free tenure and paid a relief of 6d in 1822 - anciently called Sorrels Croft acquired the modern name from its form - Described in Terrier 1598 fo. 63 as belonging to Jn Church and only 1a2r26p copyhold of Priory since enfranchised - several cottages have been built on this ground since the purchase of mr Shepherd