[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Rental of the Manors of Earls Colne and Colne Priory (ERO D/DPr118)

1854 (1854)

document 80000930

Copyhold of Priory - The Blue Boar - quitrent 10s

Robt Watkinson clerk surrender Wm and Charlotte Adams 8.10.1833 - to all that messuage called The Blue Boar with yards, garden etc. in Earls Colne

1726 Robt Tweed surrender Joseph Abbutt

1759 Jane Tweed death of father Robt

1776 Wm Jones surrender Jane Tweed then wife of Jn Blatch Whaley

1816 Thos Jones death of Wm

2.4.1822 Thos Jones surrendered about 20p of the garden to Jn Walker esq - see page 188

1824 Wm Adams surrender Thos and Susan Jones

1833 purchase fine £23.12s6d

Commutation map 1836 no. 77 (77) - rev Robt Watkinson 16p

This quantity is palpably too small. In the Terrier 1598 fo. 142 it is estimated 1r3p. Since that period it has undergone much alteration. It then included the adjoining tenement called Muggs alias Princes - surrendered about 1619 to Barth Church - both now in the possession of rev Robt Watkinson - since he came into occupation he has pulled down the Tavern (which in 1575 was called The George altered to The Blue Boar in 1577 ) - One portion of the garden he has laid into the yard at the back of the stables of the Walker Trust property - on another part he has built a respectable cottage residence - and another parcel remains, used by mrs Watkinson as a school room - with an entrance from the street and a little garden at the back - there are chambers over and a good cellar beneath

rough abstract no. 46